How to begin using the Participate website
To log in to the Participate website you need to know your group username and password.
Your teacher will assign you these details when you start your project.
Once you have your details you will be able to create your own 60-second film, create an online poster and upload the information you have collected via the logbooks about the environment.
You will be able to visualise this sensed data using Google Earth and Google Maps.
As you will be working in groups, it is important to respect each other ideas and ensure that everyone is involved in creating the work.
No matter what activity you are working on it is important to always save your data.
Once you submit your work, your teacher will be able to review it.
Your teacher will then decide on whether you should share it with other schools.
You can also share your ideas with other pupils in other schools by using the discussion forum.
When using the discussion forum it is important that you follow the 'Forum Rules'.
- The Participate discuss forum is only open to schools involved in the Participate project. It has been made for students and teachers to discuss ideas about the work they create and their views on environmental issues.
- When sharing ideas on the forum it is good practice to back up your statements/claims.
- If you are using quotes from textbooks, newspapers, make sure to quote all relevant and necessary text, and if appropriate, provide a link to the originating source.
- If criticizing ideas or providing feedback on some elses work, back your opinion with facts or well thought out suggestions.
- Respect each other’s different viewpoints and opinions.
- Do not use language, which is threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or concerns personal issues.
- Do not use images, or link to websites, which contain threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive content.
- If you use any of the above offensive material it will be taken down and you will potentially been banned from using the site.
- Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters etc are also inappropriate on this forum.